The PSP2 features a high-resolution, touch-sensitive OLED screen that's larger than the original PSP screen, tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS controls, dual analog sticks, front and back-facing cameras, and a touch sensitive back panel.
Sony boasts that the new PlayStation Portable is as powerful as a PlayStation 3. The device features built-in WiFi and 3G wireless connectivity and uses an all-new form of media storage for games—no more UMD.
Here's how Sony describes it: "NGP adopts a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store the full software titles plus add-on game content or the game save data directly on to the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games."
For now, Sony is officially calling the new PlayStation Portable by its codename, Next Generation Portable or NGP. It will be out this holiday in Japan.
The Full Specs
* CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
* GPU: SGX543MP4+
* External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
* Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
* Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
* Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
* Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
* Location: Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support
* Keys / Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left), Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons
* Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR （A2DP/AVRCP/HSP）
Thursday, January 27, 2011
The PSP 2 (NGP)
Last night, Sony held an event in Tokyo to unveil a new product, I stayed up to cover this event via satellite. They introduced us to their new system called the NGP (Next Generation Portable) aka The PSP 2. Check out the specs below, it's pretty awesome if it can really do all that stuff...
Hey Everyone, This is fashion stylist + blogger, Angela Denae of ( www.styleclosetlife.com ) covering the General Idea Fall/Winter 2014 Ru...
Atrium announces their limited edition collection with PRPS Japan. The collection consists of 3 jeans eloquently designed and engineered ex...
The latest sneaker release from Ronnie Fieg is far much more than just an ordinary sneaker release, this release is more like a historic mom...
During the New York Film Festival, Rockstar Games held a special GTA V concert at the Church of Saint Paul the Apostle in New York City. The...
I found these new shades that are coming out and they look like the things that dude from Star Trek used to wear on his face lol, The future...
We journeyed through New York Comic Con last weekend at the Jacob Javitz Center in NYC. Here are some of the photos we took along the way du...
Well, Supreme and The North Face do it again. This collection it's a little more focused on The North Face side. You might remember the...
Furla held a private event to celebrate their new NYC showroom and also preview their Spring/Summer 2015 bag & footwear collection. This...
This weekend, I finally had the opportunity to check out the new AMC Dine in Theater, I was completely blown away by this experience. When y...
THis is the David Bechham fall/Winter collection from Adidas originals. I am definitely gonna cop that cardigan to work out in the gym lol, ...