The PSP2 features a high-resolution, touch-sensitive OLED screen that's larger than the original PSP screen, tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS controls, dual analog sticks, front and back-facing cameras, and a touch sensitive back panel.
Sony boasts that the new PlayStation Portable is as powerful as a PlayStation 3. The device features built-in WiFi and 3G wireless connectivity and uses an all-new form of media storage for games—no more UMD.
Here's how Sony describes it: "NGP adopts a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store the full software titles plus add-on game content or the game save data directly on to the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games."
For now, Sony is officially calling the new PlayStation Portable by its codename, Next Generation Portable or NGP. It will be out this holiday in Japan.
The Full Specs
* CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
* GPU: SGX543MP4+
* External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
* Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
* Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
* Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
* Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
* Location: Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support
* Keys / Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left), Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons
* Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR （A2DP/AVRCP/HSP）
Thursday, January 27, 2011
The PSP 2 (NGP)
Last night, Sony held an event in Tokyo to unveil a new product, I stayed up to cover this event via satellite. They introduced us to their new system called the NGP (Next Generation Portable) aka The PSP 2. Check out the specs below, it's pretty awesome if it can really do all that stuff...
We journeyed through New York Comic Con last weekend at the Jacob Javitz Center in NYC. Here are some of the photos we took along the way du...
I want one :-)
The official video for 'Anyway', the brand new single from Cee Lo Green which is featured on the new PLATINUM EDITION of The Lady Ki...
We have a special treat for you on this Music Monday, one of the TerryMcfly.com Featured Artists, Gabrielle Findley , has released her b...
On March 21, 2012 (yesterday), Thousands of New Yorkers occupied Union Square in honor of Trayvon Martin, the rally was held to show solidar...
Swedish denim brand NUDIE JEANS has joined forces with New York retailer ATRIUM to release a special edition of their Grim Tim jean.‘Big App...