Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Movie Review: Super 8



I was invited by Paramount Pictures to attend a screening of  Super 8 ( produced by Steven Spielberg & written/directed by J.J. Abrams) before it hits theaters this friday. I was curious to know what this film was about because the trailers are very confusing. I will try to keep this review as spoiler free as possible. The film is basically about a boy and his friends with their Super 8 camera, it reminded me of a modern day sci-fi version of the "Sandlot". The cinematics in this film are simply amazing. The moment you see the disaster, you will know that you're watching a Steven Spielberg film because the visuals are astonishing. The film features alot of dry humor that only nerds will enjoy, but there are a few laughs here and there for the regular folks. The cast was pretty good as well.

Now on to where the movie lacks, the story was pretty lame. Its like riding a rollercoaster, you hit all the hills and loops and then the ride dies out and you're bored. Overall, I would say wait for this one to hit Netflix or On Demand. It's a decent film but nothing worth rushing to see, I rate this film a 3 out of 5 stars and that's only because the special effects and cast was on point. I thank Paramount Pictures for inviting me, I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors