Santigold, who is signed to Jigga’s Roc Nation Management, dropped a new track called “GO” on the Life + Times site today, and she invited friends: The track features contributions from two-thirds of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Karen O provides backing vocals, and Nick Zinner lends his trademark guitar noise), and the song was co-produced by Q-Tip, Switch and Santi herself.-Via EW
Santigold describes the song thusly: “This song comments on the era we live in and the NEW American dream. The dream used to be that if you worked hard, and you were good at what you did, you could pave your own way in America and the sky was the limit. … However, things have changed. The NEW American Dream is to become rich and famous by happenstance – or sex tapes – and to get there with as little work or talent as possible. And as a result, we are suffering – though many of us don’t know it – as quality becomes a notion of the past. We’re ruining art, our planet, and our health, all due to our newfound obsession with instant gratification.”
Friday, April 15, 2011
New Music: "GO" by Santigold feat. Karen O
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Two nights ago, I was invited to attend a private acoustic performance by Nneka. The performance was held at Cielo's on the west side. I...
-
We have some exciting news for all of you loyal readers out there! How would you like to win $500 and a car loan from General Motors for 1 w...
-
The whole skateboard community was upset with the game Tony Hawk: Ride, including myself, these skaters did not let their controllers go to ...
-
Yo if I had a wifey, she would most definitely have a pair of these, these are dunks specially made for a women's style, I better not se...
-
With a star studded cast and an Academy Award winning director the adaption of Don Winslow’s novel “Savages” showed why the fiction writer ...
-
Earlier this week, Monster hosted a rooftop party at the Gansevoort Hotel in New York City. This was a pretty swanky party too, not the basi...
-
On Saturday, August 4th 2012... I assembled a team and embarked on the annual "Great Urban Race", which was currently on the New Y...
-
If you havent heard Drake's new mixtape then listen here, this sh** is pretty F***in dope I have to admit, good music at its best, Here ...
-
Last night, I attended the filming of BET's Rip The Runway 2011, which featured performances from Fabolous, Keri Hilson, The New Boyz, L...

No comments:
Post a Comment