Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Surreal Moment of Day: The Game That Came Back Home

I usually don't post personal stories on this site but this story was too surreal to not post it. Today, I went to a store called "Book-Off" in Manhattan, NY. "Book Off" is sort of like a Japanese pawn shop for music, movies, books, and video games. I usually find great deals on  popular games at the Book-Off, but my find today really blew me away. I found a copy of NBA Jam for Sega Genesis, it wasn't the game itself that was surprising though. The surreal moment was when I looked at the front of the box and noticed my initials. This copy of NBA Jam was my video game that I sold to a video game store in New Jersey back in the early 90s as a kid. I nearly fainted on the floor, I said Oh My God! what are the odds of me finding a game that I sold as a kid in an entirely different state in a different decade. My friend said I should definitely purchase it since it was a once in a lifetime occurrence. I bought the video game for 5 bucks and you can see the photo below with my initials on the bottom of the game from my childhood days. I still own my sega genesis too so hopefully I can get it to boot up lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors