The underground music scene has been blossoming as of lately, I am quite impressed. Here are my Top 3 mixtapes that I can't stop listening to at the moment. The Must-Have album of the 3 is House of Balloons, it's really somethin fresh for the industry.
#1 #Returnof4Eva by Big K.R.I.T (Genre: Rap)
Big K.R.I.T is apart of the XXL Freshman class, he's a southern artist but not the typical artist. He brings the true essence of hip-hop in his music, its music with a message. I saw Big K.R.I.T perform live and I'm convinced he is the future of southern rap.
Download Big KRIT here
#2 House of Balloons by The Weeknd (Genre: R&B)
The Weeknd is a Toronto artist that Drake has been strongly endorsing. This mixtape is pretty good, I don't really know too much about The Weeknd but there is a youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/xoxxxoooxo) page with a collection of all his music for you to enjoy.
Download The Weeknd Here
#3 Nostalgia,Ultra by Frank Ocean (Genre: Rap,R&B)
I haven't completely finished listening to the Frank Ocean mixtape but this guy has generated quite a buzz for himself. He's a singer/songwriter that's affiliated with the popular group Odd Future. His mixtape is self-released and a few of his songs have already began to play on the radio.
Download Frank Ocean Here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Two nights ago, I was invited to attend a private acoustic performance by Nneka. The performance was held at Cielo's on the west side. I...
-
We have some exciting news for all of you loyal readers out there! How would you like to win $500 and a car loan from General Motors for 1 w...
-
The whole skateboard community was upset with the game Tony Hawk: Ride, including myself, these skaters did not let their controllers go to ...
-
Yo if I had a wifey, she would most definitely have a pair of these, these are dunks specially made for a women's style, I better not se...
-
With a star studded cast and an Academy Award winning director the adaption of Don Winslow’s novel “Savages” showed why the fiction writer ...
-
Earlier this week, Monster hosted a rooftop party at the Gansevoort Hotel in New York City. This was a pretty swanky party too, not the basi...
-
On Saturday, August 4th 2012... I assembled a team and embarked on the annual "Great Urban Race", which was currently on the New Y...
-
If you havent heard Drake's new mixtape then listen here, this sh** is pretty F***in dope I have to admit, good music at its best, Here ...
-
Last night, I attended the filming of BET's Rip The Runway 2011, which featured performances from Fabolous, Keri Hilson, The New Boyz, L...




No comments:
Post a Comment