Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Terry's Big Orlando Adventure Part 3: Disney's Animal Kingdom

Today's journey was a meaningful one, it was my first return back to the place where I would spend most of my days hard at work as a college intern from New Jersey. Disney's Animal Kingdom aka DAK as we used to call it. In 2006, I worked here as a member of the main entrance park operations crew. It was going to be an interesting experience to finally explore this park completely as a guest 6 years later. Interesting indeed it was, especially with the 2013 Cadillac ATS leading the way.





I figured I should start my morning with a meal that I couldn't get in New York City. I used the CUE system to find me a local waffle house. After navigating to 3 different locations , I finally found one that didn't have much of a line. I ordered a traditional waffle and a glass of milk... it was DELICIOUS!



Now that my hunger was satisfied, it was time for my journey to Disney's Animal Kingdom in the 2013 Cadillac ATS.



Once inside the park, I immediately went to visit my old friends, the black swans. I used to always talk to them everyday when I went to work and surprisingly they would talk back but in a bird language. I said "Hello, my friends I'm back!" and they actually replied to me with a "Gawk!" as if they knew who I was.



Disney's Animal Kingdom only has one roller coaster, which is one of Disney's best roller coasters. Expedition Everest was my first stop. Expedition Everest is a roller coaster which is set on Mt. Everest occupied by the Yeti Snow man. This roller coaster is truly a unique experience, I've never seen one like it anywhere. If you visit Animal Kingdom, make sure that you check this out!



After my confrontation with the frightful Yeti, I journeyed to Africa for a trip through the Kilimanjaro Safari. There were so many amazing animals in the safari today.










There was also a few interesting animals directly outside the safari. I ventured into the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, where I saw Gorillas, meerkats, & etc.







Somewhere along the way, I stumbled into an interactive African concert. I danced and boogied with strangers, employees, and band members to the sounds of Africa. This was fun, those of you on instagram got a good laugh when I live uploaded the photos of this.










Now it was time for Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. I stood in the same exact spot that I used to be assigned to control as a member of the DAK Park Operations crew. This parade brought back so many memories as I sang, clapped, & danced along with the performers.




















It was time to go because the Animal Kingdom closes early, it's one of the first Disney parks to close it's doors because the animals have to get their rest. It may have been time to leave but it definitely wasn't the end of my adventure.

I made my way back to Steak & Shake where I wiped my plate CLEAN!!! Check out the Before & After shots.




Then I received a call from my god daughter (she's only 10 months old), she told me that she was in town and that I should come visit her. I hopped in the 2013 Cadillac ATS and used the Cue system to navigate my way to her. She was even more excited when she saw the Cadillac ATS, she even tried to take me for a ride but her feet just wasn't long enough to reach the pedals yet.





This Orlando Adventure isn't over yet, make sure you stay tuned for Part 4 to see what's in store for me and the 2013 Cadillac ATS as we explore Disney's Epcot and a few other locales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors