Monday, January 30, 2012

Movie Review: "Man On A Ledge"

Over the weekend, I went to see the new movie "Man On A Ledge". I did not want to see this movie initially because I felt that the title was too basic. I decided to practice what I preach and not judge a book by it's cover, and besides there was nothing else new playing this weekend at the box office so I didn't have many options to choose from. The movie starts with the man standing on the ledge, my first thoughts were "Welp, that's the whole movie right there, he just got on the ledge! Movie Over!" I got more than I bargained for, it was actually a very enjoyable film. I loved that the movie was set in my favorite city, New York City! The film also had lots of theatrics and techy scenes, kinda reminded me of the mission impossible films. Overall, Man on the Ledge is definitely worth going to the box office to see. I rate this movie 4 out of 5 stars, Terry McFly Approved!

An ex-cop turned con threatens to jump to his death from a Manhattan hotel rooftop. The nearest New York Police officer immediately responds to a screaming woman and calls dispatch. More Officers arrive with SWAT and tactical command along with fire-fighters. The police then dispatches a female police psychologist personally requested to talk him down from the ledge. However, things aren't as straightforward and clearcut as they appear to be.

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot to be entertained by here but there is also way too much that we can’t actually take seriously and it actually ends up being more of just a silly thriller that has a good cast, that doesn’t really do much. Good review. Check out mine when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors