Friday, January 20, 2012

Movie Review: Red Tails

I just left the premiere of Red Tails and it was far much better than I expected. The film has a great African American cast of actors, I love how the young veteran actors play commanding roles and the younger actors play rookie characters. Red Tails is more than just an entertaining film, it's a history lesson, which is why everyone is encouraged to go see it. The film has its moments where you can tell there was a lack of funding but it does not ruin the immersion, Red Tails is one of the first films that didn't put me to sleep. If you know me then you know I sleep in every movie, lol. I enjoyed every single dog fight of Red Tails, and I'm not just saying that because some of my friends had roles. Each character has their very own unique personality, one of the lesser known fan favorites will most definitely be Joe "Lightning" Little, portrayed by actor David Oyelowo. I also loved the styling of the wardrobe in this film, I'm now on the search for a vintage pilot hat with goggles as well as a leather jacket with sheep lining. Red Tails is definitely "Terry Mcfly Approved!", a must see film for the entire family. I will be going to see it again, WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

Red Tails is a film about a crew of African American pilots in the Tuskegee training program, having faced segregation while kept mostly on the ground during World War II, they are called into duty under the guidance of Col. A.J. Bullard (Terrance Howard).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors