
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Movie Review: Battleship
I finally had the chance to check out Battleship this weekend, I was not amazed nor disappointed. The film was simply alright. I initially had no interest in the film but I was curious to see how they would convert the classic board game concept into an interesting movieconcept. The whole alien thing was a little weird but they did manage to execute the board game concept in an interesting scientific way. I found myself yelling "You sunk my Battleship!" about 2 or 3 times when they called out position codes, LOL. I was also eager to see Rihanna's acting debut. I was disappointed by Rihanna's performance in this film, she had all one liners and it sounded like she was mumbling most of the time trying to conceal that accent. Just like on twitter, RiRi was playing a girl with a rude personality. Throughout the film it seems like they are trying to be funny in just about every single scene but it just doesn't pair well with the serious threat of an alien invasion. The movie Battleship is filled with lots of action and old people telling old people jokes. By the way, these old people are REAL navy vets. Overall, the movie is worth seeing but it's not a great spectacular film, Battleship is "a Terry McFly Maybe". (Meaning see it only if you're a Rihanna fan or you already saw the Avengers and need a new movie to watch)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The whole skateboard community was upset with the game Tony Hawk: Ride, including myself, these skaters did not let their controllers go to ...
-
Two nights ago, I was invited to attend a private acoustic performance by Nneka. The performance was held at Cielo's on the west side. I...
-
My album of the week is in stores today, I chose this album because its amazing, great work fellas, My personal favorites are "Girlfrie...
-
Here are some of the hottest trends of the season: 1. Strappy/Gladiator sandals & Basic Tees. 2. Cropped Trousers along with a pair o...
-
I know this video is dark but please listen to what I have to say and if you were tryna cop the yeezys yesterday then im sure you understand...
-
Yo if I had a wifey, she would most definitely have a pair of these, these are dunks specially made for a women's style, I better not se...
-
Today is a very special day to me and others around the world because I love my mother very much, she made me the successful man I am today,...
-
With a star studded cast and an Academy Award winning director the adaption of Don Winslow’s novel “Savages” showed why the fiction writer ...
-
ok so I was browsing the web and I came pass these dope ass pics of white dudes on bikes in the new York Times, They are fly as f*** on frea...
-
so yesterday I was chillen outside of UCC and a bunny rabbit came up next to me, I had to take the pic lol, it was 2 of them but one was hid...

Thank you for sharing this article. I love it. Keep on writing this type of great stuff.
ReplyDeleteviewster