Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Terry Mcfly Goes to New York Comic Con 2011

Last weekend, I decided to step outside the box and go experience something new. I went to Comic Con at the Jacob Javitz Center in New York City, and what an experience it was. This was my first time attending a Comics Convention. I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of press outlets that reached out to me for coverage, but I definitely felt valued and welcomed. Comic Con is one of those places where the attendees are just as exciting as the actual exhibitions, check out a few of the photos below and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Throughout my 3 day journey of Comic Con, there were 3 companies that really stood out and made my experience worth while. I would like to thank Capcom, Rockstar Games, and DC Comics for the unique experiences. Capcom invited me to all their events and even gave me a 1 on 1 tour of every single game title at their booth. I got to play every new game they had to offer with no line at all with a developer by my side to describe what's going on. Every exhibitor can learn a thing or two from the great folks at Capcom.

The greatest thing about Comic Con is the free swag. I ended up leaving with about 5 new t-shirts, too many posters, and way too much gum.... LOL. This was a great experience, I made alot of new friends in an industry that I initially had no access to. I don't know if I'll ever go to one of these events wearing a costume but I will definitely be in attendance next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors