Saturday, February 4, 2012

Movie Review: Chronicle

I've been waiting weeks to see the movie "Chronicle" and I finally got to see it last night. I'm somewhat disappointed, it's like being on a rollercoaster after it went over the hill and through the loops then it comes to a boring unsatisfying halt. The film started off great, I enjoyed watching the characters discover their abilities and deal with their personal situations. After about an hour, the movie starts to go dry and just gets stupid! It's almost as if they didn't really know how to end the film so they just started adding weird scenarios. Some aspects of the film don't mesh too well, for instance... one minute they're using blair witch 1st person style shooting and then all of sudden the film goes into hollywood Steven Spielberg style...it confuses you as the viewer because you don't know if it's suppose to be a recording of actual events or a hollywood backlot thriller.  I would like to talk more about my favorite characters but there's no way for me to do that without spoilers so I'll leave that aspect out of this review. Chronicle is worth going to see, you'll be entertained for the first half but you'll most likely hate it when you walk out the theater. I give Chronicle a 3 out of 5 stars, I'll be nice since my friend has a lead role.

Three high school friends gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Karmaloop.com

Visitors